*** UNDER CONSTRUCTION ***
NEW INFO COMING SOON!!!
Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Florida Strawberry Festival. We have a terrific lineup of headline entertainment, rides, livestock shows, delicious foods, exhibits, and more that we hope you and your loved ones will enjoy together. We realize this Festival will look a little different, but we are committed to making it a positive, uplifting experience for everyone.
Because we above all value your safety, we have spent an extensive amount of time preparing our policies regarding COVID-19, and we are confident in the plan we have developed.
The Florida Strawberry Festival’s COVID-19 official policies and restrictions are as follows:
- Wearing a mask within the entirety of the Festival grounds is strongly recommended and is required within buildings and enclosed tents. See mask exemptions below. Every person entering the Festival grounds is asked to bring a face covering. If you or a guest do not have one, it will be provided for you. All Festival staff, volunteers, board members, and vendors are required to wear a mask anywhere on the Festival grounds unless one of the following exemptions applies:
- Those who are socially distanced from other individuals (distance of at least 6 ft.)
- Children under 5 years old
- Persons for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition
- Persons who are hearing-impaired and need to see the mouth of someone wearing a face covering in order to communicate
- Persons whom a face covering would prevent from performing their duty (e.g.: singers, announcers, etc.)
- We will be monitoring capacity and, if our COVID-19 Compliance Committee sees appropriate, will make capacity adjustments where necessary.
- We ask that if you or any member of your party is not feeling well or is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, please refrain from attending the Festival. If you begin feeling symptoms while at the Festival grounds, please exit the grounds and consult your physician.
- We ask that you please practice good hygiene while visiting the Festival. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Handshakes, high-fives, and gestures of the like are strongly discouraged. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Note – We have purchased 130 additional non-touch hand sanitizing stations which are positioned throughout the grounds in addition to the existing hand washing stations.
- Always follow social distancing guidelines (at least 6 ft. distance between you and others who do not live within your household).
- Food vendors:
- All vendors must wear a mask at all times.
- All vendors are required to wear gloves when serving food, handling and disposing of trash, handling used or dirty food service items, or cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- All vendors serving food and drinks are asked to direct each patron to a seating area after their purchase.
- All seating areas set up by vendors are required to take social distancing into consideration.
- All vendors are asked to delineate clearly marked social distancing lines for customers.
- All vendors are asked to frequently clean and disinfect high-touch areas (e.g.: payment terminals, tables, countertops/bars, receipt trays, condiment holders, etc.).
- All livestock exhibitors are required to wear a mask inside the Grimes Family Agricultural Center. However, exhibitors and workers while social distancing in the Astin and Swindle Pavilions are exempt from this requirement.
As you can see, we have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our visitors, and our staff. We ask that you follow all posted instructions while visiting the Florida Strawberry Festival. We must remind you that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Florida Strawberry Festival, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. The health and safety of those who visit the Florida Strawberry Festival is our top priority.
Your support is vital to these efforts. Your personal responsibility is what is allowing us to have this celebration that is important to our community and beloved by our loyal patrons. Please do your part in ensuring the safety of yourself and others by following the guidelines above. Be advised that because we are following guidelines and mandates from the county, state, and CDC, policies can be updated at any time. If there are updates, they will be reflected on this page. For further clarification, you are directed to review the CDC’s latest guidelines at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus and the county’s latest mandates at www.hillsboroughcounty.gov/coronavirus prior to your visit.
We value your support and participation in this year’s Festival, and we can’t wait to see you!
President, Florida Strawberry Festival